CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 01, 2007

A New Year

2007 huh? I was trying to remember my 2006 resolutions and I can't. I guess that means I didn't keep them! 2006 brought alot of changes my way. The biggest of all was my decision not to stay at NAU, but to instead transfer down to Phoenix and go to ASU West. At the time, I wasn't sure it was the right decision. I had many reasons for doing so (no matter what other people thought my reasons were), but I was still unsure. I now know without a doubt that it was the right thing for me to do. I was unhappy there, and it just wasn't the right fit. Honestly, I went up there for the wrong reasons in the first place. After my first semester at ASU West, I have a 4.0 gpa and made a bunch of new friends. I love the smallness of the campus. I got enough grant and scholarship money so that I don't have to work...yay! Living at home had proved to be a real blessing. I thought after being on my own for a year that there was no way I would be able to stand living at home. However, me and my parents (especially my mom) have become so much closer, and our relationship has improved tenfold. Plus, other than a few expenses I have, it's almost cost-free. All in all, I am 100% happier down here than I was in Flagstaff and that's what matters most.

That was my biggest event this past year. There have been minor ones along the way, such as finally quitting my job at Petsmart after almost 2 years and possibly adding a double minor to my school load, but other than that it was a fairly uneventful year. My biggest hope for 2007 is for the health and wellness of myself, my family, and my friends. My grandma has been in the hospital 4 times in the past 2 month, including over the Christmas holiday, and I am worried about her. I hope that she is healthy enough to be with us another year of more, but I am afraid that won't happen. At this point I am just wanting her to be happy and pain free. Davis has not had the best of luck this year, especially recently with his engine blow out and then his accident, and now he's in the process of looking for another vehicle. He is stressed out and getting discouraged, but still trying to be positive. I hope his luck improves...especially in terms of winning a fishing tournament or two. I have many friends who will be making major life changes this coming year, most in terms of either marriage, children, or different living arrangements. No matter what my feelings on these things are, I can only wish them the utmost happiness in their new lives.

And then there's me....what are my new year's resolutions? Every year I say 'what's the point?' but every year I do it anyways. I have some small ones-such as keeping my grades up, getting my scholarship renewed, and getting an internship. But I have two big ones also. The first is my exercise/health/weight loss goals. I have set some small goals along the way, hopeing to reach my final one by at least me and Davis's 4 year anniversary in July, but hopefully sooner than that. Luckily, my mom and I are doing this one together so I have a built in support system right here at home. Second is to make a career decision. At the moment I am leaning towards government type work....but I'm still unsure. My mom brought up the point this morning that I don't have to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life, just what I want to do after college. This is true, and one of the main reasons I chose Sociology as a major. I tend to get bored doing one thing for too long, so unless I find a job I absolutely love right out of college, I plan on making a few career changes throughout my life. But I still would like to narrow my ideas down slightly, so that I can begin preparing.

So that's it really...my recap for the year. I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve, I know I did. I wish everyone happiness throughout the coming year! :)

1 comments:

NanAZ said...

Happy New Year! See mom's aren't all bad.

I'm hoping to start exercising and get in better shape too this year...finally! We'll see...

Hey, I'm almost 50 and still don't know what I want to do when I grow up so you're in good company. Just go with the flow and you'll eventually narrow down the things you enjoy and you're good at and move into jobs that you like more and more. Me, I'm voting for retirement right now. There are too many fun things to do besides work.

Enjoy your free time! You have more than you think.

Love,
Aunt Nancy