CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 22, 2006

Telluride!

So 6 days in beautiful Colorado (2 spent driving) and now I'm home. It was wonderful as always. his is my FOURTH year going with Davis and his family, which I think is pretty cool. And since

Amy got mad for never posting pics on my blogs I guess I will this time. There aren't any pictures from when we were actually skiing, simply because it is way to hard to get a camera out when it is freezing and snowing and you have two pairs of gloves on. :) The pretty tree below is right outside our hotel room.

Saturday was spent driving....and driving...and more driving. It takes about 8-9 hours to get to Telluride from Phoenix. We got to walk around Mountain Village a little bit, which is a town right on the slopes by Telluride.

Sunday was going to be our first day skiing (we were going to ski 3 out of the 4 days we were there), but it was snowing so we decide we would ski the next 3 days instead. These two pictures are from walking around Telluride. There are no chain stores of any kind in town, so all of the shopd are very original. You can see where the mountain is supposed to be, but due to the snow/fog it's hardly visible. I LOVE the town though....it looks like the little towns you see inside snowglobes.

Me and Davis's tradition every year is to make a snowman, and then have a snowball fight, and this year was no different. Our snowmen are always fat, and weird looking, because the snow there does not stick very well. We end up just making a pile of snow and carving out top middle and bottom. This year was our best one yet though....his name is Bob.

Monday was our first day skiing and it was wonderful!!! We went all day, only stopping for lunch. I'm getting to the point where I can almost keep up with Davis! We went out to a coll litlle pizza place called Brown Dog Pizza, named because of the dog that always sits out front of the restaurant.

Now Tuesday was not so good. It started snowing Monday night and it was pouring snow on Tuesday. Everyone else had goggles they could ski with so the snow wouldn't get in their eyes, but I only have little sunglasses, which protect nothing. I could've bought some, but the cheapest ones were $80 and I didn't want to spend that much. So the rest of the fam went skiing, and Davis stayed behind with me (sweet kid huh? He said he didn't want me to be by myself all day). We went and walked around Mountain Village again. The coolest part of that was the gondola ride to Mountain Village from Telluride. The first picture is a shopping center in the Village, the second is a view of Telluride from the Gondola. The gondola is much like a ski lift, except you are enclosed in a little capsule. It takes you all the way across the mountain...so pretty! Davis kept getting scared because the Gondola would stop and start swaying back and forth....he's cute. The ice skating pond was buried in about a foot of snow by this point. All the trees looked like a postcard! When we got back we had another snowball fight and stayed cozy by the fire the rest of the time. That night we ate at Fat Alley's, a cool little hamburger place in town.

Wednesday....still snowing...alot. But I dealt with it because I had to go skiing!! It was foggy and scary, and I couldn't see half the time becuase me glasses were foggy. It was fun though. We did some harder runs and I was proud becuase I didn't fall! This picture is me, Davis, his bro Justin, and Justin's girlfriend Jackie at the bottom of the mountain. That night we ate at Smuggler's, which is a restaurant that had it's own brewery downstairs. We eat there every year, and every year it's good. This year I had cheese ravioli with marinara sauce! YUM!!!

Thursday was the long drive home. It was a beautiful day out- no snow and lots of sun...perfect for skiing. Oh well. For those of you who have heard about the blizzard that shut down Denver...we got the beginnings of that storm. It literally snowed from Monday late afternoon until late Wednesday night nonstop. Telluride got about 2-3 feet of snow in that 3 day period. Insanity. These icicles were about 6 inches long the day we arrived...the day we left they were a couple of feet long!


And now I'm home!!! Normally I wouldn't be so excited, but my Christmas starts today! Me and Davis are making a ginger bread house today, the later going to decorate cookies with his Grandma. Tomorrow is the Perkins Christmas, then xmas eve and xmas day!!! yay!! Hope you all enjoyed my incredibly long post!!! I'll leave you with a beautiful picture of the mountain from the day we left...the wind was blowing the snow of the top of the mountain...so pretty!






3 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

I appreciated the long post!

See you tonight ... davis too, right?

nice photos ... very pretyt.

NanAZ said...

Thanks for the post and the pics. I love to SEE what you're talking about too. It's good for us visual people. You really need to have someone show you how to build a REAL snowman! The icicles look awesome! I remember eating icicles like popcicles as a kid.

Sounds like you had a great time!

I have your blog bookmarked now so I'll check back often.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous! We still need to hang out. I work every day except today, tomorrow, new years eve, and the 6th. I leave the 7th. Jon is in CO for 3 days over Christmas, so I don't get to see him today, tomorrow, or the next day. :( But oh well. Call me when you find some time. I love you SO much!
~Danielle~