CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

I guess I have to blog about Twilight considering my obsession with it. I went to the midnight showing on Thursday (which meant I went into work on Friday with only 3 hours of sleep...it's a good thing I only work half days on Fridays). Danielle and her sister were my Twilight companions....

I was EXTREMELY dissapointed in the movie. I know that it is impossible to recreate a 500 page book into a 2 hour movie, but honestly...SO many things were different. Pivotal, chapter long scenes in the book (like the meadow scene, baseball scene, and others) were reduced to two-minute scenes in the movie. The movie went into NO background of the Cullen family...how is that going to affect the other movies????? Plus the acting was horrible...I was laughing at scenes that were supposed to be serious because they were so cheesy.

Oh well...I'm a bookworm. Of course I like the book better. I actually might see the movie again...I might be less critical now that I know what to expect. I'm on my 5th time reading the series the whole way through....maybe after I'm done I'll move onto something else...maybe... :)

Although I had a BLAST at the showing. I picked up Danielle's sister, Ashley, at about 8:00pm and Danielle drove up from Tucson by 11 or so. Ashley and I sat and talked for hours...she really is a great girl (right, D?). She reminds me of myself when I was 17. That's what I've always said...that Ashley and I are one in the same. She's amazingly mature for 17 year old. By the time Danielle got there I was so tired (I'm usually in bed by 10pm) that I was a little weird. A few of my other friends were there as well, but we didn't wait in line with them.

Overall, it's a great memory... :)

3 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

Sad you were so disappointed. ...

Is it like Harry Potter where you can like the movies AND like the books, but have to think of them as totally separate entities and not compare them?

Anonymous said...

Awww! I think it's a great memory too!

You mean you didn't like the slow kissing and Edward being nauseated in biology? lol

-D

Andrew said...

It's pretty amazing that you've read the series 5 times in a row!!!!
That's dedication. Sorry about the movie though. Maybe if you get drunk before you see it next time you will laugh at all the overacting? Hahahahahahaha
I don't know.