CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Adventures of a Single 21 Year Old Part 4...?: Being Number 1

In my entire 'dating' life I've never been anyone's number 1. Even when I was with someone for four f-ing years i was NEVER the most important thing to him. Not once. I've never been anyone's Number 1. I've never been a priority...never an "I'd rather be with her than anyone else". I know it exists...I've seen it happen.

I'm not high maintenance. I don't ask for much. I like having my own time and hanging with my own friends...but I want someone who is willing to make sacrifices and compromises to be with me too. I mean is that too much to ask? I think most of the time I am too nice...I get walked over. I will do anything for the people I care about...friends, family, anyone. I put myself last.

Is it to much to ask for someone to put me first? Just once?

5 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

really? not even him?

It totally does exist. You WILL find it. and you should NOT settle until you do. cause you're TOTALLY worth it.

xo

(tell your mom she doesn't count)

Andrew said...

I agree with Amy....you are without a doubt worth it. I'm gonna pause to get some coffee and think about this for a second...ok I'm back. Maybe when it's the right person making sacrifices just comes naturally? Oh, I don't know Lisa, I've never really been that good at talking so sorry I don't have anything cool to say.

Anonymous said...

really? escpecially when you needed him the most through some of those tough times. but, it is out there though and does exist.

NanAZ said...

Amy's right. You deserve it and shouldn't settle for less. God has that perfect person picked out just for you and I can't wait to meet him and see how much he loves you!

Anonymous said...

Crazy Aunt Sharon told me once that she believes that when you become the kind of person you want to be with you will meet the right person. You are already great so I'm sure you will meet someone great soon. Re: being brave...it is better to have regrets about the things you have done than about the things you didn't do because you were too afraid. At one time you thought about going into the military..now that you have a degree you could go in as an officer and get your master's degree totally paid for while you are serving..and think of all the people you could meet and places you could go..it's your life, just another idea. You are loving, loved and lovable. Be kind to yourself.