CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Adventures of a Single 21-year old: Nice Guys DON'T Always Finish Last

I love nice guys. Guys who are genuinely sweet and respectful are SO attractive to me. I know alot of girls go for the bad boys because they are "mysterious" and "complex" (and I admit I have been one of those girls), but I am really drawn to guys who know how to treat a girl right. Unfortunately, these guys are few and far between. Girls who are smarter than I have already realized this and have snatched them up. Sad for us single gals, but true nonetheless.

I have been on a few dates with a guy recently who is one of these "nice guys". Picks me up for dates, pays, opens doors, polite, complimentary...etc,etc. Even if nothing more than just a few dates happens with this person, he has made me realize how badly I've been treated by other guys I have dated. On our first date, I was so...uneasy, because I didn't know how to act with a guy like that. I don't remember the last time I dated someone who offered to pick me up. Who opens car doors and offers me his jacket when I'm cold. I really didn't think guys like that existed. It is great to know I was wrong, but it makes me a little sad to realize how low my standards have been these past few years.

I will keep blogland updated on anything new...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) *excited giggles*

-D

NanAZ said...

Sounds like someone that would be a great match for you, someone who treats you like you deserve to be treated. I'd love it if this develops to the point that we get to meet this guy. I'll be praying for good things to come.