CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I think I'm going to change the name of my blog to "The Life and Times of a Single 21-year Old" or "Sex and the (slightly smaller) City". Blog about life as a single woman, since it seems to me that we are few and far between these days. I do some crazy things and get put in some weird situations in my escapades. So I'm thinking that I'll blog about some likes, dislikes and general adventures...maybe you all will get a giggle out of it.

Tonight my topic will be about...an annoyance. Here's the thing. I'm pretty confident when it comes to the dating scene. I'm a (huge) flirt, I'm comfortable around guys, and I can strike up a conversation with just about anyone. I know I'm not a supermodel, but I also know I'm not an ogre.

I gave my number to 2 guys this past weekend. Both nice, normal guys. When guys ask for my number, I never actually expect them to call. Some do, some don't...most of the time I forget I even gave my number to anyone. So to my surprise...BOTH of these guys called (ok-they texted,but I've accepted that as the norm). Within 2 days. Wow. After talking for a bit, here's what I get from both of them

Guy:"We should hang out sometime" (ok....could you bit a more vague???)
Me: "Sure, maybe we could get dinner or something this week" (vague as well, but I do this in hope they will make a plan or already have something in mind)
Guy: "Sounds great just let me know like when you're free and stuff and whatever and blah"

Why even say we should "hang out" if you aren't going to be specific? Is it really that hard to say "How about we go to dinner on Wednesday?" or something similar? If I'm not free that night, I'll suggest a different day! So now it's up to me, to pick a day and plan a FIRST date, which I'm sorry should be the guys duty as the one who chose to contact me. Don't call/text me and then be all vague about hanging out.

Could I be the one who says "Let's hang out on Wednesday night"...yes. BUT the guy should be more proactive about asking. As much as I am for equal rights and all that feminist crap, some things are just common courtesy. And it's the same thing with every guy I've dated in the past year.

So here's something that goes on my "Pro" list. Guys who MAKE THE EFFORT. MAke the effort to call and plan a first date. Make the effort to let a girl know you're interested instead of playing games. I will do the same in return, but I'm not going to do it one sided.

So there's my single-gal rant. Keep in mind with these posts that I actually love being single. No desire to change it. My hope is that some random guy will run across this and say "Ah ha! That's the reason I'm single...because I don't make the effort!"

That's how a blog can change the world!!! hahahaha

End of rant. Peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are hilarious!

-Danielle

Amy T Schubert said...

you're awesome. miss you.

please (please) blog more like this - I love it.

xo

Ashley said...

I'm with Amy!