CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

So Thankful...

I am thankful for my family above anything. They are hilarious and loving and all of them are truly amazing. It's makes me so sad to think about people who have no one to spend the holidays with. I have always had at least one (if not two or three) Thanksgiving dinners to go to every year, and there are always dozens of people I love to share the day with. So I'm thankful for my incredible, slightly crazy family.

I am thankful for my friends. I have renewed many of my old friendships lately and have made some great new friends as well. It's a good feeling to always have people to hang out and have a good time with.

I am thankful for my education. Many people don't get the chance to go to college and, as much as I gripe and complain about it, I am thankful that I have the opportunity to learn new things everyday.

I am thankful for the men and women who protect this country every day. Police officers, fire fighters, and especially everyone in the armed forces. Without them we would not be here today. And no matter what one's opinion is of the current government, or the war in Iraq, or any other military campaign the US is involved in, we must support our troops. They fight for our right to have those opinions and that is reason enough to respect and be thankful for them.

Overall I am thankful for the life I have had thusfar. Sometimes I think about the less than happy parts of my life and I dwell on them, but then I realize that there are many people who have had it alot worse than me. People who can't think of one thing in their lives to be thankful for.

And I'm thankful for you. For reading this fairly boring blog and being at least somewhat interested in what I have to say. So keep reading. I'll keep posting. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

(or as my crazy Aunt Sharon would say "Gobble, Gobble, Gobble!" ...than the weird turkey hand thing... I love my family. )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vetoed gobble, gobble, gobble...it's now moo, moo,moo!


so what if we're crazy, we are having fun!

Anonymous said...

Jeez! I just got caught up from the passport post. lol I got the same edition of Hairspray...I am dying to go to the Science Exhibit for Titanic! Take me! And lastly, I am thankful for you too. :)

-Danielle