CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 01, 2007

My new plan for life

Anyone who knows me well knows that I tend to come up "plans for life" on a regular basis. So really this is a "plan for life...until I change my mind or something better comes along" :)

I am dropping my second minor (Special Events Management) and graduating in May (instead of next December) with my BA in Sociology and minor in Poli Sci.

Next summer I am going to spend all the money I have (well...some of it...) and travel. Probably to Europe, maybe back to NYC, possibly Alaska? I want to go everywhere really. I'm pretty frugal about money usually, and I usually do not spend large amounts of money on anything. But I figure if I don't travel now while I'm young and single, then I never will. Plus for some reason I've always loved the idea of traveling by myself. It just seems so...scary. haha-but that's what makes it exciting. Planning what I want to do, getting from place to place on my own, trying to communicate in languages I don't understand...all that fun stuff.

After my summer spent galavanting around the world, I am going to take a year off to work. At least part of that year I will be living with my best friend in Tucson, or I may end of spending the whole year down there.

After my year off from the evil world of school, I am going to move to downtown Phoenix and start my Master's in Nonprofit Studies at the DP ASU campus. It'll only take about 1 and 1/2 years to complete.

Then I'm done! From there it's work and family and all that jazz.

Granted...this plan is contingent on the fact that I can actually graduate next May, that I get into the Master's program, that I get a job for the year in between, that I have enough money to travel anywhere...etc, etc, etc.

Sounds pretty good huh? The idea of graduating in 7 months is so terrifying...but I least I won't have to worry about being in the "real world" just yet. :)

2 comments:

NanAZ said...

Hey Lisa, It sounds like a great plan, but if I were doing the traveling I would love to have someone along just to talk about the whole experience as you go. It just seems like it would be so hard to be so excited about seeing something or experiencing something and not being able to have someone to talk about it with. And there is a bit of a safety issue, but I'm not your mom, so I'm sure you'll hear enough about that from her.

I will say that when you decide where you want to go, let me know and I'll keep my eyes out for deals. I get lots of travel emails with some pretty awesome specials sometimes. I just saw one a month or so ago for a 10-day cruise to Spain for $500! Now that's incredible. A cruise might be a good plan...probably a little safer overall. Any thought of doing that? Keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

Hooray for living with the bestest in Tucson! ;) Can't wait for that part of the plan.

-The bestest (Danielle!)