CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

So I didn't get the Suns internship.

But it's really ok. It would have been a fun opportuntity and good experience, but it was not really what I wanted to do. It involved alot of cold-calling companies to see if they wanted to make donations, going to stores to see if they would provide items to raffle off, putting up fliers....alot of sales-type stuff. And that just really isn't for me. And the 45 min drive to get down there everyday is another reason I'm glad I didn't get it. The $10/hr I would have made would have gone strait to gas! So everything happens for a reason. I'm glad that I went for it, but its ok that I didn't get it.

Today I get to apply for an on-campus office job! Probably not as much fun, but less stressful and I can get homework done at work. :)

3 comments:

NanAZ said...

I think you're right that it may not have been the best fit for you and the pay vs. gas would definitely be an issue. Let me know what kind of work and how many hours you're looking for and I'll keep my eyes open.

NanAZ said...

Hey, we know a couple that may need a sitter for their 4 older kids from Nov 8 - 11 in Gilbert or Chandler. Email me to let me know if you're interested and how much you would charge.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, but you're totally right about gas and everything - wasn't meant to be. Good luck with the school one though! ;)

-Danielle