CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh School....

So I changed my schedule today for about the fiftieth time since registering a month ago. When I first registered I was taking Politcal Theory, Contemporary Women Writers, Social Statistics, Women, Power & Politics, and Current Issues in National Politics. Then my advisor said I should take Adult Career Development in order to help me decide what I want to do with my life (blah!). Added that, dropped Current Issues. Then I decided my schedule was fairly difficult and I wanted to lighten my load slightly. So I added Religions of the World (a 100-level course), and dropped Women Writers (a 400-level course). I was satisfied, except that the last switch made a huge gap in my schedule. I was going to add an internship, but was told I can't do that until next fall. Then yesterday a girl who I talk to in one of my classes said she finally registered for classes, and one of the ones she signed up for was Women Writers. When I had first signed up for that course, I didn't know who was teaching it. Now I find out that it is being taught by a prosfessor that I have now that I like and who is extremely easy as far as coursework goes. So today I added Women Writers back to my schedule, hoping that the professor is as easy in this course as she is in the one I'm taking now. However, I am not dropping Religions yet. That class is full so if I decide to drop it there is no going back. I may go to both on the first day and see which I like better, and drop the one with the most work....is that bad? eh-who cares? lol anways-this is extremely random and is another example of me being one the most indecisive people on the face of the Earth.

In other (school) news- I got my 15pg term paper back today....dun dun dun! I got an A!! yay! I was very nervous about it so I'm ecstatic I did well. And I got a 100% on a final presentation I had to do (in the class with the Women Writers professor!) All in all-lokking good going into finals! woo-hoo!

In other (non-school) news- my life is boring. We put up our Xmas tree and decorations! There is already a large pile of presents under the tree, and I thankfully have almost all of my shopping done...just a few little things left to buy. I am soooo excited for Christmas. I get four in a row! The 23rd w/ my mom's family, Xmas eve w/ my dad's family, Xmas morning w/ immediate family (parents, sis, etc), and Xmas afternoon with Davis's family. A fun filled holiday! Then right after Christmas I believe my mom and I are going to go visit my dad in San Antonio for a few days, so that'll be interesting...I've never been to Texas. Oh-and I can't forget that the 16th-21st I'll be skiing in Telluride, CO! I love wintertime-it is so fun filled and relieves all the stress of the prior semester!

OK-nice quick update on me! Going fishing tomorrow and then we have our 2nd tournament on Saturday-hopefully we catch some big fish and make a lot of money...lol. We'll see....

1 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

wait .... Christmas on the 23rd? why doesn't anyone tell me these things?

If I were you, I'd take women writers .... but that's because I love english ... email me the book list when you get it ... that's my favorite part of every semester ...