CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

This is what my grandpa said to my grandma today after we told him that she will most likely not get any better. She's been very agitated and restless...basically won't let anyone touch her. My grandpa kept trying to hold her hand, and she continued to pull away. After she did this a few times he said

"Don't let go of my hand...I might get lost..."

And the next time she held onto his hand for just a little bit longer than usual.

heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time. after 52 years of marriage they still love eachother like newlyweds...i hope i'm lucky enough to find that one day. i hope we all are...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. :(

-Danielle

NanAZ said...

Lisa,

We're praying for your whole family. Your grandpa and grandma did have a very special relationship. I'm sure he'll miss her terribly, as we all will.

Love you,
Aunt Nancy