CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Exciting news!

Awhile back I "applied" to be a penpal for soldier serving overseas and I just found out who I'm going to be writing to! For safety reasons, I'm not going to post all his information on here, but his name is Christian and he is serving in Iraq right now. I'm doing it through a great organization called Adoptaplatoon. I'm sending out my first letter to him tomorrow!

If anyone would like me to send along a message of support or anything to him I would be more than happy to do that. I will also periodically be sending care packages and if you want to send something I will do that too.

I'm pretty excited to do this. Hopefully having a penpal will make his deployment a little easier. Plus, doesn't it sound so old fashioned and fun to write real letters to someone?! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAJOR SWEETNESS! And thanks for the e-mails. ;) -D

NanAZ said...

I'm sure you'll be a bright spot in his days.

Have fun, but just be careful...it's very easy to "fall in love" through letters. It happened to me when I was in high school writing to one of the guys that was in the Navy with my brother. Then I met the guy and we had absolutely nothing in common.