CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 22, 2007

San An-tone

Last weekend my mom and I went to visit my dad in San Antonio. I was only there from Thursday night to Sunday afternoon. My dad has a lovely little apartment we stayed in.


On Friday, we went to the Alamo and the Riverwalk. The Alamo was very cool and historical... too bad we weren't allowed to take pictures on the inside.



The picture above is supposedly the line that Liutenant (Forgot his name...) drew in the sand and said "Anyone who wants to stay and fight for freedom, cross this line". Of course it is probably just someone's idea of where it happened...considering a major battle took place there after he drew the line and chances are it wasn't there when it was over. :)


The Riverwalk was so pretty....it's what I think New Orleans and Venice would look like if they were smashed together. The river runs strait through downtown San Antonio, and they Riverwalk is lined with great shops and restaurants. It was St.Patricks day weekend while we were there so there was some great Irish bands and festivities going on (and some really good green margaritas!!!). Texas is surprisingly gre as you can tell by the picture. I really thought it was a big desert...kinda like Arizona!



On Saturday we drove to Houston to visit my cousins Bobbie and Travis. I forgot to take pictures while we were at dinner with them, but I got one of their house. It is such a pretty neighborhood-very unique and green and tons of trees. All the house are made out of either brick or stone...none of the stucco cookie cutter houses you see here. You can kinda see my cousin Travis on the far left in the picture.

All in all it was a very fun weekend. I'm glad I got to go see my dad and see Texas! My mom loves it and wants to convince everyone in my family to move over there!

Now I am am sitting in the living room with all the doors open, listening to and smelling the rain. I love Arizona. It's amazing that it was 99 degrees outside a week ago, and now it is stormy and probably in the 70s. Sorry mom, I don't think I'll ever move (no matter how hot it gets!)

Oh and I tried to make homemade chocolate chip cookies earlier. And they are bad. Very Very bad. Oh well-it was my first attempt at homemade cookies and I will try again.

Now I have to do homework. Bah.

1 comments:

NanAZ said...

Well, I hate to break the news, but if the whole family was moving, Texas would be pretty far down on my list. Let's look at Colorado or San Diego or Washington or somewhere more beautiful. Tell her to go back to TX in the summer and feel the humidity. It's disgusting!

Sounds like a fun time though! I'm sure they were thrilled that you were with them.