CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 10, 2007

I got a job with a great company called Sitters and Company . It is basically a baby/pet/house sitting service. The premise of this company is that clients pay a $50 membership fee and than get to search for qualified reliable sitters in the area (me!). It allows people who may not have family or friends in the area to have access to good sitters (me!). Clients can search for specific dates they need a sitter, then a request is sent out to all available sitters. So if I were to get a request, I could either accept or decline depending on my availability. It works perfectly with my school schedule because I can be so flexible.

The company was started by two men (amazing right?) who were both in the military. They are both married and have kids and were frustrated by the fact that every time they were relocated thay had to build a brand new network of sitters. So they thought of the idea for this website and bam! here it it. The website just went live today, so I got to setup my sitter profile and whatnot.

I really hope that this job will bring in enough money so that I don't have to look for a job this summer. It would be great if I could build a clientale of 6-8 families to sit for on a regular basis, or even one family who needs a full time summer nanny. We shall see.

So if you know anyone who needs a sitter, tell them about the site. Actually, tell them about the site and then tell them to search for me so I can start making money! Sits cost anywhere between $10-$15 per hour, depending on the number of children, etc. The guys who run it are so nice and professional. All of the sitters have to have a certain amount of experience and we all had to provide references who were called to verify that we aren't insane :)

Or if anyone needs a job, I believe they are still looking for sitters and you can apply on the website.

I am pretty excited! Yay for me! Yay for jobs! Yay for money!

1 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

good luck!

If you still don't have enough business by summer, look on craigslist ... there's always a TON of nanny listings there ... usually under 'education' ...