CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 05, 2007

I am not dead...just stressed out. Whenever I sat down to write the past few weeks a wave of stress would hit me and I realized I had more important things to do. Of course now I have a million things to write about and still not much time to do it.

First, I got a job. It's with this company called "Sitters and Company". In essence it is like "The Babysitters Club" books from way back when, but more professional and actually a real business. Basically people can pay a fee to go on this website and search for qualified sitters (baby, house and pet sitters). They can then request a sitter for a particular day, and the sitter (me!) can either accept or decline the request. It is not exactly my dream job, but it pays well and allows me to be flexible with hours during the school year. Hopefully it will be something I can do full time over the summer also so I don't have to stress out about finding a job.

I was elected to be the student coordinator for this food drive on campus. It is pretty exciting, very stressful though. I have to coordinate different activites to get students involved, talk with clubs on campus, and many many many more things. I swear I have been spending at least an hours or more just answering emails dealing with the drive. It's fun though...definately something I am considering as a career (on a much larger scale of course...)

Spring break is next week and I am so ready for it. No big plans really-doing homework alot probably. But my mom and I are going to San Antonio for a few days to see my dad which should be fun. We get to go to the Alamo and the Riverwalk (and see the river dyed green in honor or St.Patty's Day). I've never been to Texas so I wonder if it will be like I expect it to be.

I also have an informational interview next week with the volunteer coordinator for the Arizona's Children Association, which is a group that helps place foster children into permanent homes. It's an assignment for a class, but it should be interesting at least. It'll give me an idea about what being a volunteer coordinator actually entails.

Probably very boring, but it is all I have time for right now. Amy was talking about how she makes lists all the time, and so did Kevin. This is something our Grandma Jaye does basically everyday. It really must be something hereditary, because I do it all the time also. ALthough my mom doesn't...so maybe it skips a generation. Anyways, blogging was on my list for today, but not for any other day this week. Check! OK-time to do homework.

2 comments:

NanAZ said...

I make lists too, but not as obsessively as Grandma Jaye...and I've NEVER written a list that says things like:
Wake Up
Have coffee
Put on make-up

like she does.

Generally just when I have a LOT to remember, like at work or with event planning or around the holidays when there's a lot going on.

San Antonio River Walk is pretty cool. Not sure about the rest of the city because we didn't see much more than that and the base where Kevin was.

Amy T Schubert said...

but it's so satisfying to put 'have coffee' on the list just so you can cross it off ... (as long as know one else sees the list and thinks you're crazy).