CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Two in One Post

Not alot of time to post right now, so here is a quick picture from Danielle and Jon's wedding AND a picture of me and my daddy (in honor of Father's Day yesterday). This was at the very end of the reception, so I was super sweaty and tired after dancing and being on my feet all day.

I spent all day Sunday hanging at the hotel where the reception was held (my dad had gotten a room there) while he golfed, then we spent a couple hours hanging out together. And he came and had lunch with me at work today too! The best gift of all is getting to spend time with him, especially since I won't see him until his birthday in August again. I am a total daddy's girl and i miss him terribly when he is working out of town. I cherish every moment we get to spend together when he is home.

Out of time... I will blog about the wedding soon!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my G, I just wrote you the most wonderful, thoughtful, long and meaningful comment and the damn thing erased it all.Heres the short version. I think you could use some adventure in your life. The work I did with the Red Cross would combine your alternative choices of military and humanitarian work into one big adventure.You could do humanitarian work for the military like I did in Kuwait.The hiring process is long(over 6 months) The next deployments will be around 6 months from now. So, if you applied now you could possibly be trained and ready by January. Really, if you are considering military and Red Cross then this is the best of both worlds.Go to American Red Cross web site and apply for the Assistant Station Manager(reserve)position. You would love the month of training in DC, right in the middle of it all. I loved it ,the energy there is amazing.At least try, it you dont have to make a career of it. You go for 6 months and then come home to paid leave for two months and then if you want to go again you do and if not you try something else.Many of the staff live in places like Italy and China for years, as a reserve you will not go to those places , but after a few deployments you can get hired as permanent staff and travel the world with the Red Cross.So be brave, dont get old regretting the things you did not do in life. Just do it.You, my dear niece, are not meant for a small , average little life. You are meant for big things.You have to much to offer the world to hold your self back. Go jump in and splash around alot. Make waves.You are loved, loving and lovable. I encourage and support you in all you choose to do.Its ALL about choices, as Uncle Rusty used to say.Remember that"Some of its magic and some of its tragic, but have a good life all the way."( Jimmy Buffett)Get to liven your dreams today. Walk in that direction. Love you forever, Crazy Aunt Sharon.

Lisa said...

Hello, I was just Blog-Hopping and ran across your blog. Very Nice!

Be Well...