CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 03, 2009

In reference to the post below...

I get bored very easily. I think I might have a touch of ADD. So the fact that I have had the exact same routine for months now is…mind-numbing. To say the least. Monday through Friday I get up, go to work, work all day, come home about 6:30p, eat dinner, read/get on the internet/etc, watch a little TV and go to bed usually by 10pm. Weekends are spent doing miscellaneous things…running errands, cleaning my apartment, doing laundry, and hanging out with my friends. The end. I just described my life in two sentences.

Needless to say I need to change something. I just can’t figure out what. I think part of my boredom revolves around the fact that I am slightly unsatisfied with my career. Don’t get me wrong- I love my job and the people I work with and I have no intention of quitting anytime in the near future. But I always pictured myself doing something that would make a difference. I want to help people and change the world and all that really optimistic stuff. Right now all I do is help my company make money.

I have considered getting back into doing volunteer work because I have always loved that and it may make me feel more accomplished. However, I need to find something very flexible because my work hours can be very erratic at times. Plus- I can’t decide what I want to volunteer with. I love working with kids, but I’ve done the Girl Scout thing and would like to try something different. I wouldn’t mind mentoring, but I don’t want to commit to a relationship if time becomes an issue and I have to give it up- that’s not fair to the child.

I would also like to move but, considering I just signed a lease in January, that’s not a possibility right now. I think if I do move out of my apartment next year, I will most likely move to a different part of the Valley. Just for something different. I’m not ready to move out of AZ yet, but moving to Tempe or Scottsdale or Downtown Phoenix would at least be a little change of scenery. I really like my apartment/apartment complex, but I had to choose where to live so quickly when I moved out that I didn’t have much time to consider my other options.

I want to meet new people. This is not saying that I want to ditch all of my friends and make new ones, because that is not the case. I would just like to…expand my horizons I guess. Meet people that I haven’t known since high school. Hopefully, through my job and possibly through volunteering, I can start to do this. My problem is that I am so awkward around people I don’t know…I think I make a bad first impression. Hmm- that will be something I will have to work on I guess.

Anyways, this is just what I have been thinking about lately. Thinking, thinking and more thinking. Now it’s just a matter of doing.

0 comments: