CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

So I started my new job yesterday...it's pretty fantastic. I don't do a whole lot (obviously...I'm at work right now...), but I like it.

I actually I don't think I ever even posted about getting a job, did I?! I'm working as the receptionist for Ritoch-Powell & Associates, which is the civil engineering firm my brother-in-law Steve is a partner in. It's a good job for now...I'm actually just filling in for the regular receptionist while she is on maternity leave for 3 months. Full time, 8-5 Mon-Thurs and 8-12 on Fridays. Nice!

I kind of just fell into this job. I hadn't found one since I got back from Europe and Steve mentioned RPA needed someone to fill in. I know the president of the company and some of the other partners through Steve, so they basically just gave me the job. But here's the really cool thing...Karl, the president of RPA, sat me down on my first day and told me that he thinks I have a real future with the company and he wants to have their marketing manager train me to take on alot of the work she does now. SO...when my 3 months here at the front desk is up, he wants to move me into a salaried position under the marketing manager. Sweet, huh? He even told me he would work around my school schedule when I go back to grad school in January.

I'm excited...the job as it is right now is kind of boring, just alot of answering phones and mailing things, etc. But the people who work here (all 30 men and 5 women!!!) are so nice and funny. The guys tease and give eachother (and me) a hard time, but it's really a great group of people to work with.

Be expecting me to post more often since, like I said, there isn't alot to do until the marketing manager starts training me some more. Enjoy the randomness that will be my future postings :)

4 comments:

Andrew said...

Awesome!!!!!
Good job cousin-in-law

Amy T Schubert said...

congrats!
I really hope you post more now.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

haha Two posts ago you were like "I'm sure I'll reread the Twilight series again before Breaking Dawn comes Out..." You read them 4 times!! lolol I read them in 4 days once I had time to sit down. Working sucks. :( But I read New Moon in one day and Eclipse in one day. Now I am slowly re-reading Twilight...

Your last post made me sad.

Awesome that your job is so great and that they see a future for you there! ;) Are you moving out, btw?

-Danielle

NanAZ said...

Congratulations Lisa! Sounds like a great opportunity.

Still waiting to see those Europe pictures...